Sometimes supplementation can be a great alternative to riding when you feel run down or exhausted. But finding the right formula of powdered supplements can be difficult in such a crowded field. With this in mind, what exactly is V2 Megawatt?
You can experience next-level workouts with the powerful formula in MegaWatt V2. This powdered formula is designed to increase endurance and energy. MegaWatt V2 was carefully formulated with precise blends of ingredients to give you unparalleled energy, incredible mental focus, and muscle endurance like you’ve never experienced. You can expect:
- Extreme Energy & Endurance
- Increased Performance in the Gym
- Powerful Strength & Mental Focus
Powdered supplements are not for everyone, and with such an overcrowded marketplace, the better ones can get lost in the sea of products. In this guide, we will take an in-depth look at V2 Megawatt. We will explore its formula, its benefits, and what you can expect with this supplement when mountain biking.
V2 Megawatt Overview
1st Phorm–who manufactures V2 Megawatt–goal isn’t to just load you up with stimulants so you get all jacked up before an MTB ride. The objective is to provide you with the greatest pre workout supplement you’ve ever used, so that you can get more out of your training than ever before.
The research-proven ingredients found in MegaWatt V2 will have you dialed-in and going harder in each training session. The company started with micronized creatine monohydrate that will increase muscle strength and endurance by boosting ATP production. Second, they included a very potent dose of beta alanine to decrease muscle fatigue and reduce lactic acid build up.
On top of that, 1st Phorm included the VasoMax Blend to increase blood flow as well as optimize oxygen and nutrient delivery to the muscles. This formulation will give you incredibly powerful muscle contractions and skin busting pumps. More dialed in than ever before, the nootropic ingredients in the Focal Center Complex are combined in exact ratios to keep you mentally strong and focused.
This will allow you to push through the pain and fatigue, while maintaining peak energy levels. With MegaWatt V2 you’ll be taking your training to a whole new level.
Is V2 Different From Megawatt?
1st Phorm has dropped an all-new version of its Megawatt V2 pre-workout simply named ‘Megawatt’, which is also separate from its more mainstream pre-workout, Project-1. Megawatt is, of course, like Megawatt V2, aiming to deliver a more stimulating experience as opposed to well-rounded like Project-1, with most of its ingredients included for energy and focus.
While there is an energizing side to the supplement, the brand only has natural caffeine to deliver that, at a strong 300mg per full serving. A few of the other highlights in 1st Phorm’s Megawatt are a solid 2g each of choline bitartrate, tyrosine, and Aquamin minerals, 200mg of the premium, focus enhancer Neurofactor, and BioPerine to help with the absorption of the product.
As mentioned, Megawatt is a more stimulant focused pre-workout, looking like it’ll provide a reliable lift in energy alongside strong focus and hydration support. 1st Phorm has done a good job creating a pre-workout with caffeine that’s distinctively different from regular V2, which as mentioned, has a more comprehensive formula for energy, focus, pumps, and performance.
1st Phorm’s Megawatt pre-workout is available now from its website for a few dollars less per tub than Project-1 at $42.99. The supplement does have slightly more full servings per tub as well with 25 or 50 half servings. On the flavor side, it currently has four to choose from in traditional Grape, Pink Lemonade, and Watermelon, and a less common option called Rocket Pop.
What’s It Like?
I have sampled this product and 1st Phorm seems to be so hit or miss for me personally. It’s like they have their super high margin products that they use to extract all the profit from, and then some that are just super high-end but affordably priced. I love the 1st Phorm protein powder Level One, but have had issue with their fat burning products, most recently the Queen Royal 21 or whatever it was called.
I legit couldn’t believe how over-priced that product is. But anyways. I wanted to try Megawatt V2 after seeing yet another ridiculous 1st Phorm ad video creep across my Facebook page. Megawatt seems to be their newest pre workout and apparently most powerful yet.
In all honesty, it works fairly well if you like energy supplementations. Here in the dry heat of Albuquerque, regular water does the trick, but this product could work well for those who need it.
What’s the Best Flavor of Megawatt V2?
I tried the blue raspberry flavor of Megawatt pre workout first. I think this is without a doubt the better of the two flavors of 1st Phorm’s pre workout. There was a great, refreshing zip to it that was almost like a touch of citrus. I really loved it. The sweetness was nicely adjusted to the bitterness of the berry flavors, and it went down smooth with no aftertaste.
The Fruit Punch flavor of Megawatt pre workout was also adequate. I found it to have a touch more bitterness than the blue raspberry, which was just slightly off-putting and jarring at first, but my taste buds were able to adjust to it very rapidly, to the point where I was enjoying each sip of the fruit punch Megawatt V2 by the end.
Overall I would give this pre workout an 8.5/10 on flavoring. 1st Phorm usually does a nice job with taste and the 1st Phorm Megawatt V2 is no exception. But now let’s get to what you REALLY are here for…
Does 1st Phorm Megawatt V2 Pre Workout Work?
Let’s carefully dissect each and how Megawatt scores for each category.
- Energy & Focus: I think this is one of Megawatt V2’s strongest suits the product kicked me right in the teeth from the get-go, probably something to do with the nearly 350 milligrams of caffeine. But what do I know. Lol. I was energized after just four or five minutes of taking this pre workout, and it lasted a pretty good long time to be honest with you.
- Pumps: Okay so I was not expecting this to perform quite at the level of that silly Natural Science Creation Hyperemia and Pump drink that I reviewed yesterday, but then again, nothing even needs to come close to having that much pump factor. It was just stupid. Pumps are not really Megawatt V2s strong suit though. There is only agmatine sulfate and creatine mono to give pump. I hate how creatine mono makes my face puff up like a fat baby girl. But it does help with pump. I also did get the agmatine headaches from Megawatt- so keep that in mind.
- Endurance: Endurance comes a little bit from your mental focus and energy complex, and then technically is helped by the creatine and beta alanine as well. But without any L-Citrulline ingredients or aminos, the endurance is not a particularly strong suit for 1st Phorm Megawatt V2. I was definitely able to workout for a good hour and a half, but you probably need to supplement with additional BCAA to really have one of those game-changing workouts.
- Strength: I think the strength is the second best element of this pre workout, and that comes from the creatine monohydrate exclusively. This ingredient helps you put up some very serious weight. It’s a nice surprise. Some say you need to load creatine for several days before getting a benefit but I was able to come pretty close to setting a PR just taking this 1st Phorm Megawatt V2 pre workout once. And my nutrition has been CRAP the last two days. So make of that what you will.
And that’s the performance. Energy and strength are there, not a ton of pump and not a ton of endurance. It’s a solid performer though.
1st Phorm Megawatt V2 Ingredients:
I already sort of analyzed this above, but here is the list of ingredients in the 1st Phorm Megawatt pre workout:
- Creatine Monohydrate
- Beta Alanine
- Agmatine Sulfate
- Caffeine Anhydrous
- DiCaffeine Malate
- Caffeine Citrate
- N-Methyl Tyramine
- Huperzine A
I like the 1st Phorm branding. Their products all have a consistent, handsome look that has always appealed to me. The black, blue, and white them matches well with their brand message of grit and hard work. I like that they keep things consistent from product to product so that you can always identify the 1st Phorm quality. Megawatt has a big bold ‘V2’ standing behind the product name ‘Megawatt’.
The product benefits are nicely fit into the label, while the words ‘advanced intermodal nootropic pre workout’ stand out as a really attractive selling point. I really enjoy the copy writing, fonts, and, well, almost everything about the layout of this pre workout label. Nicely done by 1st Phorm.
Megawatt V2 Pre Workout Review Summary:
- Packaging: A
- Performance: B
- Formula: B
- Taste: B+
- Value: A-
- Final Score: B++
I think Megawatt is just a hair short of breaking into the A range. I think if it didn’t have agmatine I would probably make it a staple of my strength day pre workout regiment. It’s a nicely balance product and fairly priced. Maybe not my top pick for MTB, but it’s a well-made pre workout supplement.